Friday, November 20, 2009

How do you work a cash register?

I got this new job that I start soon and I' am a little nervous. I have to start out as a cashier. I have run some cash registers before, but the one at this job is more complicated. The cash registers I'm use to running are less computerized and at this job I will have to be able to run checks and do food stamps. I' am nervous cause I have never had to do that before. I guess when the teach you they don't have someone there by you all the time, they just show you once and let you go out on your own. I don't want to mess any thing up.

How do you work a cash register?
If you get stuck just ask for help! I know that you'll want to impress and that you don't want to be asking for help all the time. but if I was your boss, knowing that you were new, I would make sure that I had you trained properly, and that you asked for help at anytime you needed it! after all you are the taking the money from the customer that pays everyones wages.


what I'm trying to say is they won't let you mess up
Reply:My very first time operating a cash register was to push down the number keys and count change out in your head.





Today technology has made it so simple to operate a cash register that a ten-year old can do it.


No comments:

Post a Comment