Friday, November 20, 2009

What are the requirements/procedures to cash a personal check @ a check cashing place?

What do I need to bring to the place [for example drivers license, the check :P, me,] Anything specific? Do I have to be over eighteen? Does it need to be written in the name of the person over eighteen if so? How much can I cash?

What are the requirements/procedures to cash a personal check @ a check cashing place?
I don't believe check cashing places cash personal checks. If someone has given you a personal check, made out to you, you need to go directly to the bank on which the check is drawn. If it's an out-of-state bank, you have to deposit it into your own bank account and wait for it to clear. Very few places will cash "third party" checks (checks that are made out to one person, but being cash by another).
Reply:If you want to cash a check, the best place to do it is at the same bank as the check is issued from. For example, the check is written by John Doe but the bank is Well Fargo, then go to any wells Fargo to cash it.





Now to directly answer your question, Any check can be cashed at any place as long as you have an account there. If you don't then you have to go to the same banking organization as the check issuer as I said above and you need identification, sometimes even a school I.D. will work if you're young, Your best bet is to open a savings account if you're young, doesn't cost a penny to open it and most places give you $25 if you manage to stay with them for 90 days.





So bring yourself : ], your photo I.D., and you can be any age. Just go to the same bank group as the check issuer if you don't have an account somewhere.





I really recommend not going to check advance places and check cashing places. Most will charge you a stupidly high fee or find some way to con you for a portion of your money when you can do it for free normally.





Hope I Helped,


Jason H.


No comments:

Post a Comment