Thursday, April 15, 2010

How long does it take to get cash in hand if I am going to cash in a bank CD early?

I have to wait to call the bank in the a.m. but I just want to get an idea before then. I wouldnt cash it in but we had a family emergency and I need more money than I have in my savings account.

How long does it take to get cash in hand if I am going to cash in a bank CD early?
You will get it immediately, minus the penalties for early withdrawal.
Reply:You'll be charged fees for early withdrawl, but be able to leave the bank with cash in hand. If it's a large amount (over $3000), I suggest calling the bank to verify that they have enough cash on hand in the denominations you want. Banks only get money shipments about once a week and if you go to a small branch, they may not be able to give you a very large amount. You also have the choice of getting a cashiers' check or having the money deposited into your checking and savings account.


No comments:

Post a Comment