Thursday, April 15, 2010

How much is the fee to cash an Amex Traveler Check in Italy?

Hi everybody. I'll go to Italy next week and I've already purchased some Amex TC in Euro. But one of my friends told me that in Italy those FEE FREE encashment banks will only accept a determined amount of TC per week per person, 200 euro or so.. Is that true?


And besides, if I need extra cash, what's the normal rate that cambio or banks or other agencies will ask in Italy? For reference cuz i don't want to be fooled with a abnormally higher rate...





Thanks!

How much is the fee to cash an Amex Traveler Check in Italy?
My impression was that you could walk into any American Express office in the world and cash your travelers checks with no charge. Your hotel may be able to cash some for you too.





Frankly though, its been an awfully long time since I last bothered to obtain travelers checks for travel abroad. I just use plastic, as my impression is that you generally get the best exchange rates that way and it's far more convenient than travelers checks. For cash (in the local currency), I just


use my home bank's ATM card in a local bank's ATM machine and let the banks deal with the currency conversions.

pulling teeth

No comments:

Post a Comment