Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Is it a good idea to pull out cash from HELOC and keep it available for future investment opportunities?

I'm thinking of increasing home equity line and then pulling it out and puttting it in cash. My thought is the housing prices can continue to decline and I may not have the available equity later. I will keep the funds in cash until in the future I may start my own business. If I change my mind I just pay the line back down. I just want to lock up the availability in case the market continues a decline. I know that is additional interest to be paid but partially offest is more interest deductible on tax return and interest income from the saving deposit.

Is it a good idea to pull out cash from HELOC and keep it available for future investment opportunities?
What you are proposing is idiocy.





Simply increase your HELOC so that, when you need the cash, you can draw on it. Do NOT pull money out of your HELOC without either purchasing something or investing right away.





For example, I increased my HELOC to $500,000 and then purchased 1st and 2nd trust deeds which paid 11% to 12%. The HELOC costs me 6%. I am earning 5-6% on the HELOC money.

permanent teeth eruption

No comments:

Post a Comment